We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SOURCE - Humanities
- Field label
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Source Name
- Field definition
- This field indicates the name of the individual, institution or business that had custody of the object immediately before it was acquired by the institution whether by purchase, bequest, long term loan, donation, etc.
- SOURCE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter names of individuals, from most senior to junior or alphabetically, in the following format: surname, given name(s) or initial(s). Enter organization or business names without inverting in the format: name in full, followed by suffixed information in parentheses. The source fields are phrase indexed to allow for more than one source, for example, two family members as donors. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries. Honorific titles or other information that ordinarily precede the name, should be entered after the given name or initials, and separated from them by a comma. Other descriptive information may be appended within parentheses. Initials should be followed by periods. Commas and periods should be followed by a space unless they are followed by other punctuation.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Museum Collector (MCOL), Original Owner (OO) and Source of Funds (SF).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Beebe, W.
- Billings, Bradish
- Roy, C. A., Dr. (Director)
- Roy, C. A. (M.Sc.)
- Parker, Louise, Mrs. (Education)
- Acme Insurance Limited
- Global Museum Associates
- John Forbes and Son Limited
- Durivage, Charles Albert
- Durivage, Florian
- Dumoulin, révérend père (directeur)
- Roy, C.A.
- Bélisle, Mireille-Andrée (directrice)
- Jean Lacombe et Fils ltée (Sorel, Québec)
- ACME Ceramics Limited (Toronto, Ontario)
- Musée de l'Imaginaire
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- History Task Force
- Ethnology Task Force
- Fine and Decorative Arts Task Force
- Field label (French)
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.