We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
CATALOGUE REFERENCES - Humanities
- Field label
- CATALOGUE REFERENCES
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Catalogue Reference
- Références bibliographiques relatives au catalogage
- Field definition
- This field indicates bibliographic references used by the cataloguer for cataloguing the object.
- REGISTRATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the bibliographic references in a technical citation style, generally in the format, Author last name, first name or initials. Year. Title of article. Title of journal or book. Editors. Publisher, City. Pages. [Type of medium] Availability (e.g., URL) [Access date]. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Zimmerly, David W. 1976. "An Illustrated Glossary of Kayak Terminology". Canadian Museums Association Gazette, Vol. 9, No. 2. pp. 27-37.
- Syms, E. Leigh (ed.) 1988. Guides and Manuals for Processing Archaeolological Materials. October. Manitoba Museum of Man and Nature. Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- ZIMMERLY, David W. An Illustrated Glossary of Kayak Terminology, Association canadienne de muséologie, Bulletin d'information, vol. 9, no 2. pp. 27-37, 1976
- SYMS, E. Leigh (éd.), Guides and Manuals for Processing Archaeological Materials, Winnipeg, Musée manitobain de l'Homme et de la Nature, octobre 1988.
- Ethnology Task Force
- History Task Force
- Field label (French)
- REFERENCES POUR LE CATALOGAGE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.