We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
MINIMUM CAPACITY - Humanities
- Field label
- MINIMUM CAPACITY
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Minimum Capacity
- Capacité de mesure minimale
- Field definition
- This field contains the minimum capacity of the object. The minimum capacity of an object corresponds to the lowest point in its range of action. This may be power, voltage, pressure, extension, electrical charge, volume, etc.
- DIMENSION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date. This field was added to Artefacts Canada in 2009 as a result of a recommendation by the CHIN Standards Working Groups.
- Entry rules
- Enter the minimum capacity in real numbers. If the range of the action of the object begins at zero, enter "0". If the value is negative, enter a minus sign "-" before the value. If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the value. This field may not contain more than one entry.
- Cataloguers rules
- This field is used in conjunction with the Capacity Measurement Unit (CAPU) and Maximum Capacity (CAPMAX) fields.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- 50 ?
- 50 ?
- SOCIÉTÉ DES MUSÉES QUÉBÉCOIS, Documenting Your Collections: Info-Muse Network Documentation Guide, Montréal, by Françoise Simard and France Desmarais, "Caring for Your Collections" series, 2nd ed., 2002, page 65.
- Field label (French)
- CAPACITÉ DE MESURE MINIMALE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.