We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
ACQUISITION MODE - Humanities
- Field label
- ACQUISITION MODE
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Acquisition Mode
- Mode d'acquisition
- Field definition
- This field indicates the mode of acquisition of the object.
- REGISTRATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the mode of acquisition, which should only contain the following terms: bequest, deposit, exchange, excavation, found, gift, loan, purchase, staff commissioned, trade, transfer or unknown. The term that best describes the object's present legal status should be entered in the first position and subsequent terms should be separated by a semicolon and a space.
- Cataloguers rules
- Voir aussi la zone But du prêt (BP).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- History Task Force
- Ethnology Task Force
- Fine and Decorative Arts Task Force
- Field label (French)
- MODE D'ACQUISITION
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.