We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
NATURAL SCIENCE, SPECIES - Humanities
- Field label
- NATURAL SCIENCE, SPECIES
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Natural Science, Species
- Espèce biologique selon la nomenclature des sciences naturelles
- Field definition
- This field contains the taxonomic name for the species of the specimen or artifact, or of the natural sciences subject represented by the object.
- NATURAL SCIENCE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the taxonomic name for species in lower case only. Attributed data should be followed by space "?". If the species is unknown, enter "sp.". A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- CHIN. 1992. Natural Sciences Data Dictionary. Canadian Heritage Information Network, Ottawa. http://www.chin.gc.ca
- peregrinus ?
- Field label (French)
- ESPÈCE BIOLOGIQUE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.