We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
MODIFICATION THROUGH USE - Humanities
- Field label
- MODIFICATION THROUGH USE
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Modification Through Use
- Modification de l'objet
- Field definition
- This field contains data indicating the nature of structural or visual changes to an object through its utilization or adaptation over time.
- IDENTIFICATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the nature of the structural or visual changes through utilization or adaptation.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, History of Use (HU), and Location of Retouch (RET).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Broken projectile flaked into a scraper or biface
- Bottle neck adapted to candle holder
- Sow's ear into silk purse
- Oil drum converted in bush camp to stove.
- morceau de projectile transformé en grattoir
- goulot de bouteille adapté en un chandelier
- oreille de truie transformée en porte-monnaie
- baril d'huile converti en poêle à bois dans une cabane de chantier
- Field label (French)
- MODIFICATION DE L'OBJET
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.