We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
LOCATION OF RETOUCH - Humanities
- Field label
- LOCATION OF RETOUCH
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Location of Retouch
- Position de la retouche de l'objet
- Field definition
- This field cites the location on the object of structural or visual modifications made through its utilization or adaptation over time.
- IDENTIFICATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the location of physical and/or structural modifications made on the object through utilization or adaptation.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Modification Through Use (MTU) and History of Use (HU).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- lower right corner
- lower half of left front leg is repainted
- coin inférieur droit
- moitié inférieure du pied avant gauche repeinte
- Field label (French)
- POSITION DE LA RETOUCHE DE L'OBJET
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.