We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
NUMBER OF COMPONENTS - Humanities
- Field label
- NUMBER OF COMPONENTS
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Number of Components
- Nombre d'éléments
- Field definition
- This field indicates the number of component parts of the object.
- IDENTIFICATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter an integer that is whole number only. If the number of component parts is unknown or imprecise, do not enter this field and enter comments in the Cataloguer Remarks field (CREM).
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Cataloguer Remarks (CREM) and Component Part Names (COMP).
- Data type
- Field label (French)
- NOMBRE DE PARTIES COMPOSANTES
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.