We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
ARCHAEOLOGICAL CONTEXT - Humanities
- Field label
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL CONTEXT
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Archaeological Context
- Contexte Archéologique
- Field definition
- This field contains the archeological context associated with the object.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date. This field was added to Artefacts Canada in 2009 as a result of a recommendation by the CHIN Standards Working Groups.
- Entry rules
- Enter a key word that describes the specific environment associated with this object. If you have doubts about the accuracy of this information, insert a space and a question mark after the key word.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- fireplace cache ?
- cache ?
- Archaeological Sites Working Group 2007
- SOCIÉTÉ DES MUSÉES QUÉBÉCOIS, Documenting Your Collections: Info-Muse Network Documentation Guide, Montréal, by Françoise Simard and France Desmarais.
- Field label (French)
- CONTEXTE ARCHÉOLOGIQUE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.