We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
THICKNESS - Humanities
- Field label
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Epaisseur totale
- Field definition
- This field contains the overall thickness measurement. The thickness is the front to back measurement at the thickest part of the object.
- DIMENSION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter a single dimension measurement, expressed as numerics only. Attributed data should be followed by space "?".
- Cataloguers rules
- Comments about partial or questionable measurements should be noted in the Dimension Remarks field (DIREM). See also, Unit Linear (UNL).
- Data type
- real number
- 7.5 ?
- 7.5 ?
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Ethnology Task Force
- Field label (French)
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.