We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
NOTCH ANGLE - Humanities
- Field label
- NOTCH ANGLE
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Notch Angle
- Angle de l'entaille
- Field definition
- This field indicates the angle of the notch of the projectile point, or the angle of juncture between pipestem and bowl of the object.
- FIELDS FOR LITHIC AND OTHER TOOLS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the angle, in degrees, of the notch of the projectile point, or angle of juncture between the pipestem and the bowl. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Cataloguers rules
- For gunflints, knives, or lithic cutting implements, the following groups of fields are available: working edge, notch, hafting, platform, cortex and tip.
- Data type
- real number
- Field label (French)
- ANGLE DE L'ENTAILLE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.