We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
VESSEL DESIGNATION - Humanities
- Field label
- VESSEL DESIGNATION
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Vessel Designation
- Désignation du récipient
- Field definition
- This field contains a site-specific designation identifying the vessel to which a sherd related to the object belongs.
- FIELDS FOR CERAMICS, CONTAINERS OR VESSELS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the vessel designation as assigned by the archaeologist. Attributed data should be followed by space "?".
- Cataloguers rules
- Used for ceramic vessels, as assigned by the archaeologist, usually after reconstruction.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- ceramic type A1
- site type 3 ?
- céramique de type A1
- in situ type 3
- Field label (French)
- DESIGNATION DU RECIPIENT
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.