We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
CURVATURE RATIO - Humanities
- Field label
- CURVATURE RATIO
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Curvature Ratio
- Degré de la courbure
- Field definition
- This field indicates the measurement of the degree of vertical curvature of the upper portion of the vessel rim or neck.
- FIELDS FOR CERAMICS, CONTAINERS OR VESSELS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the ratio as a single numeric value. Attributed data should be followed by space "?".
- Cataloguers rules
- A formula to determine the curvature ratio may be found in: Syms, E. Leigh (ed.) 1988. Guides and Manuals for Processing Archaeological Materials. October. Manitoba Museum of Man and Nature. Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Data type
- real number
- 12 ?
- 12 ?
- Field label (French)
- DEGRE DE LA COURBURE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.