We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SUPPORT DEPTH/THICKNESS - Humanities
- Field label
- SUPPORT DEPTH/THICKNESS
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Support Depth/Thickness
- Profondeur ou épaisseur du support
- Field definition
- This field contains the depth or thickness of the support of the object. For paintings, the support is usually a stretched canvas or panel.
- DIMENSION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter a single dimension measurement, expressed as numerics only. Attributed data should be followed by space "?".
- Cataloguers rules
- Comments about partial or questionable measurements should be noted in the Dimension Remarks field (DIREM). See also, Support Unit Linear (SUNL).
- Data type
- real number
- 7.5 ?
- 7.5 ?
- Field label (French)
- PROFONDEUR OU EPAISSEUR DU SUPPORT
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.