We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SUPPORT UNIT - Humanities
- Field label
- SUPPORT UNIT
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Support Unit Linear
- Unité de mesure linéaire du support
- Field definition
- This field indicates the unit of linear measure to be applied to any data contained in the Support Dimension fields (SHT, SWI, SDP, and SDIA).
- DIMENSION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the internationally accepted abbreviation for the unit of linear measurement used in conjunction with the support dimensions. For units of measurement, the accepted practice is to enter Imperial abbreviations followed by a period and metric codes without a period.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Support Height (SHT), Support Width (SWI), Support Depth/Thickness (SDP) and Support Diameter (SDIA).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Field label (French)
- UNITE DE MESURE DU SUPPORT
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.