We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
MARKINGS - Humanities
- Field label
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Marques de surface
- Field definition
- This field contains an account of distinguishing markings on the object.
- DESCRIPTIVE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter any distinguishing markings.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Marks/Labels (MKSL), Surface Markings (SURM) and Surface Finish (SURF).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- seams along both sides
- scratches from lathe visible on legs
- coutures des deux côtés
- égratignures visibles sur les pattes
- Field label (French)
- MARQUES DE SURFACE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.