- Given the situation surrounding COVID-19, the Canadian Heritage Information Network is no longer able to follow up on the requests that will be submitted until further notice. Upon resumption of regular CHIN activities, we will be able to follow up on requests received. CHIN would like to thank you for your understanding.
MARKINGS - Humanities
- Field label
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Marques de surface
- Field definition
- This field contains an account of distinguishing markings on the object.
- DESCRIPTIVE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter any distinguishing markings.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Marks/Labels (MKSL), Surface Markings (SURM) and Surface Finish (SURF).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- seams along both sides
- scratches from lathe visible on legs
- coutures des deux côtés
- égratignures visibles sur les pattes
- Field label (French)
- MARQUES DE SURFACE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.