We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SUBJECT REFERENCES - Humanities
- Field label
- SUBJECT REFERENCES
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Subject/Image References
- Numéro de référence
- Field definition
- This field contains references to systems of classification for the iconographic (subject or image) content of the object.
- DESCRIPTIVE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the references to systems of classification.
- Cataloguers rules
- The actual keywords or terms should be noted in the Subject/Image field (SUB). See also, Iconographic Meaning (ICON).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Vezina, Raymond. 1980. "The Computer: Passing Fad or Thorough-going Revolution?" Visual Resources: An International Journal of Documentation. Vol. 1, No. 2/3 (Fall 1980/Winter 1981)
- L.O.C. Office for Subject Cataloguing Policy. 1991. Library of Congress Subject Headings. 14th edition. 3 volumes. Cataloguing Distribution, Library of Congress. Washington, D.C.
- VEZINA, Raymond. "Ordinateur : fétiche ou instrument pour une révolution profonde", 1980 (Actes du colloque Inventaire informatisé des oeuvres d'art, ler au 3 novembre 1979).
- GARNIER, François. Thésaurus iconographique, Système descriptif des représentations, Inventaire général des Monuments et des Richesses artistiques de la France, 1984.
- LIBRARY OF CONGRESS, Office for Subject Cataloguing Policy. Library of Congress Subject Headings, 14e édition, 3 volumes, Cataloguing Distribution Service, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., 1991.
- Field label (French)
- NUMERO DE REFERENCE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.