We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SIGNATURE - Humanities
- Field label
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Field definition
- This field provides details about the form and location of the artist's or maker's signature on the object.
- DESCRIPTIVE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter details concerning the signature's form and location.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- signed in lower right corner, T. A. Stone
- engraved on back, upper left
- signé J.A. Martin dans le coin inférieur droit
- gravé à l'arrière, dans le coin supérieur gauche
- signé à la mine de plomb, sur la marge, dans le coin inférieur gauche
- Fine and Decorative Arts Task Force
- Field label (French)
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.