We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
DOCUMENT FILE NUMBER - Humanities
- Field label
- DOCUMENT FILE NUMBER
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Document File Number
- Numéro de l'autre dossier
- Field definition
- This field provides the reference to manual files outside the computer system with original documents referring to the object.
- DESCRIPTIVE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the reference to files containing original documents. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Conservation File Number (KFL).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- DOS 42-50CF
- DOS 42-51CF
- Personal file of Ethnologist
- dossier des forges de l'Anse-aux-Voiles
- DOS 42-50CF
- dossier personnel de l'ethnologue, Jean Desforges
- Field label (French)
- NUMERO DE L'AUTRE DOSSIER
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.