We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
EXCAVATION FEATURES - Humanities
- Field label
- EXCAVATION FEATURES
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Excavation Features
- Aspects principaux du site
- Field definition
- This field indicates any special excavation features at the site where the object was found.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter any special excavation features with user defined keywords. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Excavation Associated Features (EXAF).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- large overhang near lake edge
- old riverbed, dry since 1920
- tipi ring
- grand surplomb près du bord du lac
- rivière asséchée depuis 1920
- anneau de wigwams
- User's Conference 1983
- Field label (French)
- ASPECTS PRINCIPAUX DU SITE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.