We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
HORIZONTAL DATUM REFERENCE - Humanities
- Field label
- HORIZONTAL DATUM REFERENCE
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Horizontal Datum Reference
- Référence portant sur le repère horizontal
- Field definition
- This field contains a geographic description of an existing point of reference on the site. If compass bearings are used, they should refer to true north, not magnetic north, using quadrant bearings.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the geographic description of an existing point of reference on the site.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Horizontal Datum (HD) and Vertical Datum Reference (VDRF).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- westerly bridge abutment 20.4 miles east of Prince George on Highway 16
- contrefort ouest du pont situé 32,8 km à l'est de Prince-George sur la route 16
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- REFERENCE REPERE HORIZONTAL
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.