We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
EAST/WEST DIRECTION - Humanities
- Field label
- EAST/WEST DIRECTION
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- East/West Direction
- Direction est ou ouest
- Field definition
- This field contains the east or west direction from the north/south baseline for the East/West Minimum and East/West Maximum Measurement fields.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter "east" or "west" without abbreviation.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, East/West Minimum Measurement (EWMN), East/West Maximum Measurement (EWMX) and East/West Units (EWU).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- DIRECTION EST OU OUEST
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.