We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
EAST/WEST UNITS - Humanities
- Field label
- EAST/WEST UNITS
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- East/West Units
- Unité de mesure est-ouest
- Field definition
- This field indicates the unit of measurement used in the East/West Minimum and East/West Maximum Measurement fields.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the internationally accepted abbreviation for the unit of measurement used in the East/West Measurement fields (EWMN, EWMX). For unit of measurement fields, the accepted practice is to enter Imperial abbreviations followed by a period and metric codes without a period.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, East/West Direction (EWD), East/West Minimum Measurement (EWMN) and East/West Maximum Measurement (EWMX).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- UNITE DE MESURE EST-OUEST
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.