We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
VERTICAL DATUM - Humanities
- Field label
- VERTICAL DATUM
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Vertical Datum
- Repère vertical
- Field definition
- This field indicates the elevation of the main vertical datum above or below sea level, including the unit of measurement.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the elevation of the vertical datum.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Vertical Datum Measurement (VDM), Vertical Datum Reference (VDRF) and Vertical Units (VU).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- 33.65 ft. asl
- 100 m
- 10.25 m au-dessus du niveau de la mer
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- REPERE VERTICAL
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.