We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
VERTICAL DATUM MEASUREMENT - Humanities
- Field label
- VERTICAL DATUM MEASUREMENT
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Vertical Datum Measurement
- Mesure repère vertical
- Field definition
- This field contains the vertical distance of the object above or below the main datum point.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the distance above or below the main datum point.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Vertical Datum (VD), Vertical Datum Reference (VDRF) and Vertical Units (VU).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- MESURE REPERE VERTICAL
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.