We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
VERTICAL DATUM REFERENCE - Humanities
- Field label
- VERTICAL DATUM REFERENCE
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Vertical Datum Reference
- Référence portant sur le repère vertical
- Field definition
- This field contains a geographic description of an existing point of reference on the site. This may be the same as the Horizontal Datum Reference.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter a geographic description of an existing point of reference on the site. If it is the same as the Horizontal Datum Reference (HDRF), enter "same as horizontal".
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Horizontal Datum Reference (HDRF), Vertical Datum (VD), Vertical Datum Measurement (VDM) and Vertical Units (VU).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Westerly bridge abutment 20.4 miles east of Prince George on Highway 16.
- Same as horizontal
- contrefort ouest du pont situé 32,8 km à l'est de Prince-George sur la route 16
- Même que le repère horizontal
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- REFERENCE REPERE VERTICAL
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.