We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
MINIMUM DEPTH BELOW SURFACE - Humanities
- Field label
- MINIMUM DEPTH BELOW SURFACE
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Minimum Depth Below Surface Measurement
- Profondeur minimale sous la surface
- Field definition
- This field contains the measurement of the minimum depth below the surface of the object.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the minimum depth below surface measured as the vertical distance between the surface and the location of the object.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Unit Datum (UD), Unit Datum Measurement (UDM), Maximum Depth Below Surface (DBSMX) and Depth/Units (DBSU).
- Data type
- real number
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- PROFONDEUR MINIMALE SOUS LA SURFACE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.