We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
STRATUM DESCRIPTION - Humanities
- Field label
- STRATUM DESCRIPTION
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Stratum Description
- Description stratigraphique
- Field definition
- This field indicates the specific matrix from which the object was excavated.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the specific matrix description followed by a more general matrix description, perhaps based on levels.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- red clay
- mixed clays
- sandy loam over half of level
- argile rouge
- argiles mêlées
- terreau sablonneux couvrant la moitié du niveau
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- DESCRIPTION STRATIGRAPHIQUE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.