We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
ACQUISITION NUMBER - Humanities
- Field label
- ACQUISITION NUMBER
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Acquisition Number
- Numéro d'acquisition ou d'enregistrement
- Field definition
- This field indicates the acquisition or registration number associated with the object. This number may be assigned by the institution on a temporary basis for approval, research, etc.
- REGISTRATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the number or code.
- Cataloguers rules
- The acquisition number is usually more general than the accession number. If there is only one number for the item, then it should always be entered in the Accession Number field (AN).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Field label (French)
- NUMERO D'ACQUISITION
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.