We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
CURRENT LOCATION UNIT - Humanities
- Field label
- CURRENT LOCATION UNIT
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Current Location Unit
- Meuble de l'emplacement actuel
- Field definition
- This field indicates the current location unit or cabinet where the object is stored.
- STORAGE LOCATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the unit or cabinet designations from most recent to original. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Cataloguers rules
- Use Current Location Site (CLBS) if there is only one current location entry. See also, Permanent Location Unit (PLU).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Unit 32
- Map Unit
- Cabinet A
- meuble 32
- armoire des cartes
- penderie des uniformes
- Field label (French)
- MEUBLE DE L'EMPLACEMENT ACTUEL
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.