We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
RECORD RESTRICTIONS - Humanities
- Field label
- RECORD RESTRICTIONS
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Record Restrictions
- Restrictions sur le dossier
- Field definition
- This field indicates the possibility that restrictions have been placed on the documentation related to the object, and acts as a flag.
- RESTRICTION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter "yes" to indicate that restrictions have been placed on the documentation related to the item. This field is generally left blank if there are no restrictions.
- Cataloguers rules
- Details of such restrictions should be entered in the Restriction Details field (RESD). See also, Object Restrictions (RESO), Copyright-Object (CRT), Copyright-Photo (CRTPH), and Copyright-Image (CRTIM).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Field label (French)
- RESTRICTIONS SUR LE DOSSIER
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.