We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
PHOTO NEGATIVE NUMBER - Humanities
- Field label
- PHOTO NEGATIVE NUMBER
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Photograph Negative Number
- Numéro du négatif de la photographie
- Field definition
- This field indicates the reference numbers of the photographic negatives of the object.
- PHOTO AND IMAGE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the photograph negative numbers or codes, or the accession numbers if appropriate. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries. Where audit trails are maintained, new entries should always be placed in the leading position in the field.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, other Photograph fields with mnemonics prefixed by 'PH'.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Field label (French)
- NUMERO DU NEGATIF
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.