We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SITE CULTURE - Humanities
- Field label
- SITE CULTURE
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Site Culture
- Culture associée aux activités sur le site
- Field definition
- This field identifies the culture associated with activity on the archaeological site.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the name of the culture associated with activity on the site, in the order, most ancient to most recent. Attributed data should be followed by a space "?". Standardized spellings include "Palaeoindian", "Palaeoeskimo" and "Pre-Dorset". A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Pre-Dorset ?
- Pré-Dorset ?
- Field label (French)
- CULTURE ASSOCIEE AU SITE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.