We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
DATE OF BIRTH - Humanities
- Field label
- DATE OF BIRTH
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Date of Birth of Computer Record
- Date de l'enregistrement
- Field definition
- This field contains the date the document was created in the museum's collections management system.
- SYSTEM FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- The Date of Birth is entered automatically by the computer system for each document as it is created, and should not be directly modified by the user. The date format is YYYYMMDD.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Date of Change (DOC).
- Data type
- Field label (French)
- DATE DE L'ENREGISTREMENT
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.