We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SITE RESEARCH ACTIVITY - Humanities
- Field label
- SITE RESEARCH ACTIVITY
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Site Research Activity
- Activité de recherche sur le site
- Field definition
- This field identifies the various types of activities that have taken place at a site.
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- The Archaeological Sites Working Group has recommended the following authority list for this field: undetermined, recorded, observed, tested, surface collected, excavated, "?". Attributed data should be followed by space "?". Multiple entries should be listed from earliest to most recent and be separated by a semicolon and a space.
- Cataloguers rules
- This field may be linked to Site Researcher (ZRES) and Site Research Date (ZRESD).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- surface collected
- excavated ?
- collecte de surface
- fouille ?
- Archaeological Sites Working Group 1993
- Field label (French)
- ACTIVITE DE RECHERCHE SUR LE SITE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.