We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
IMAGE USER NAME - Humanities
- Field label
- IMAGE USER NAME
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Image User Name
- Nom de l'utilisateur de l'image
- Field definition
- This field contains a user name to identify the institution and to provide image access. This information is provided by CHIN to institutions whose images will be located on a CHIN server. Data for this field should be confirmed with CHIN Member Services. Please contact them at 1-800-520-2446.
- Strongly recommended for uploading to Artefacts Canada. Required field for uploading to Artefacts Canada for data contributed to Artefacts Canada as part of a CHIN-funded project (e.g. VMC).
- SYSTEM FIELDS
- Edits were made to this field in May 2010.
- Cataloguers rules
- CHIN recommends the use of the Image Full Size URL (IMFULLURL) and/or Image Thumbnail URL (IMTHUMBURL) fields. In the case where a museum does not provide URLs, a URL will be built by the server from the Image Server (IMSRV), Image User Name (IMUNM), Image Thumbnail (IMTHUMB) and/or Image Full Size (IMFULL) fields.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Guidelines for Contribution to Artefacts Canada. Canadian Heritage Information Network. Updated 2011. Website: http://www.rcip-chin.gc.ca/media/rcip-chin/adhesion-membership/acces-login/lignes_directrices_contribution-contribution_guideline-eng.pdf (accessed 2013-10-28)
- Field label (French)
- NOM DE L'UTILISATEUR DE L'IMAGE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.