We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
IMAGE SERVER - Humanities
- Field label
- IMAGE SERVER
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Image Server
- Serveur d'images
- Field definition
- This field identifies the location of the images, whether on the CHIN server or on a museum server. Data for this field should be confirmed with CHIN Member Services. Please contact them at 1-800-520-2446.
- Strongly recommended for uploading to Artefacts Canada. Required field for uploading to Artefacts Canada for data contributed to Artefacts Canada as part of a CHIN-funded project (e.g. VMC).
- SYSTEM FIELDS
- Edits were made to this field in May 2010.
- Entry rules
- Enter the full path (directory names) to access the images. Data should be entered into this field as a default value.
- Cataloguers rules
- CHIN recommends the use of the Image Full Size URL (IMFULLURL) and/or Image Thumbnail URL (IMTHUMBURL) fields. In the case where a museum identifies an Image Server filename, a URL will be built by the server, using the fields Image Server (IMSRV), Image User Name (IMUMN), and Image Full Size (IMFULL).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- www.susan.gc.ca ou www.musée.ca/répertoire.
- Guidelines for Contribution to Artefacts Canada. Canadian Heritage Information Network. Updated 2011. Website: http://www.rcip-chin.gc.ca/media/rcip-chin/adhesion-membership/acces-login/lignes_directrices_contribution-contribution_guideline-eng.pdf (accessed 2013-10-28)
- Field label (French)
- SERVEUR D'IMAGES
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.