We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
IMAGE FORMATS - Humanities
- Field label
- IMAGE FORMATS
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Digital Image Formats
- Formats de l'image digitale
- Field definition
- This field lists the formats in which the digital image is available.
- PHOTO AND IMAGE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date. Field added in 2001.
- Entry rules
- Enter values to describe the formats in which the digital image is available. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Cataloguers rules
- The use of a standard set of values such as the Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) type is recommended.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Field label (French)
- FORMATS DE L'IMAGE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.