We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
DIGITAL IMAGE ID - Humanities
- Field label
- DIGITAL IMAGE ID
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Digital Image ID
- Identification de l'image digitale
- Field definition
- This field contains the identifier for digital image record(s) that are related to the object.
- PHOTO AND IMAGE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date. Field added in 2001.
- Entry rules
- Enter the identifier for the digital image record(s) that are related to the object.
- Cataloguers rules
- The digital image fields provided in the Humanities Data Dictionary are designed for simple management of images as part of the object record, and are not sufficient for complex digital image management. Please contact CHIN for information on creating a digital image record, which includes technical and preservation metadata.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Field label (French)
- IDENTIFICATION DE L'IMAGE DIGITALE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.