We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
CAPACITY MEASUREMENT UNIT - Humanities
- Field label
- CAPACITY MEASUREMENT UNIT
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Capacity Measurement Unit
- Unité de capacité de mesure
- Field definition
- This field contains the unit used for measuring the action of the object. The unit may be for measuring power, voltage, pressure, extension, electrical charge, volume, etc.
- DIMENSION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date. This field was added to Artefacts Canada in 2009 as a result of a recommendation by the CHIN Standards Working Groups.
- Entry rules
- Avoid using a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add symbols for units of measurement as necessary.
- Cataloguers rules
- This field is used in conjunction with the Minimum Capacity (CAPMIN) and Maximum Capacity (CAPMAX) fields.
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- SOCIÉTÉ DES MUSÉES QUÉBÉCOIS, Documenting Your Collections: Info-Muse Network Documentation Guide, Montréal, by Françoise Simard and France Desmarais, "Caring for Your Collections" series, 2nd ed., 2002, page 64.
- Field label (French)
- UNITÉ DE CAPACITÉ DE MESURE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.