We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
QUANTITY - Humanities
- Field label
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Nombre d'objets
- Field definition
- This field records the number of objects described in the document, and is expressed only as an integer (whole number). In the case of a portfolio or set that has a separate record for each object, the quantity field reflects the object rather than the full set, enabling a count of the number of objects in the collection.
- IDENTIFICATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter an integer (whole number) only. If the document contains data for only one item, enter "1". In the case of a portfolio with separate records for each item, ensure that the quantity field reflects the item rather than the full set. If quantity is unknown or imprecise, do not enter this field and enter comments in the Cataloguer Remarks field (CREM).
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Cataloguer Remarks (CREM).
- Data type
- History Task Force
- Fine and Decorative Arts Task Force
- Field label (French)
- NOMBRE D'OBJETS
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.