We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
MUSEUM COLLECTOR - Humanities
- Field label
- MUSEUM COLLECTOR
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Museum Collector Name
- Nom du collectionneur du musée
- Field definition
- This field contains the names of the collectors of the object.
- REGISTRATION FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter names of individuals, from senior to junior or alphabetically, in the following format: surname, given name(s) or initial(s). Honorific titles or other information that ordinarily precede the name, should be entered after the given name or initials, and separated from them by a comma. Other descriptive information may be appended within parentheses. Initials should be followed by periods. Commas and periods should be followed by a space unless they are followed by other punctuation. A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Permit Number (PT).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Beebe, W.
- Billings, Bradish
- Roy, C. A., Dr. (Director)
- Roy, C. A. (M.Sc.)
- Parker, Louise, Mrs. (Education)
- Roy, C. A. (Trent University)
- Thériault, J.-A. (chef de la conservation)
- Dumoulin, Charles Albert
- Dumoulin, révérend père (directeur)
- Roy, C. A.
- Bélisle, Mireille-Andrée (directrice)
- Roy, C. A., frère (directeur)
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- History Task Force
- Ethnology Task Force. Field description broadened in 2008 - to include collectors that did not collect object on behalf of museum.
- Field label (French)
- NOM DU COLLECTIONNEUR DU MUSEE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.