We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
WORKING EDGE WIDTH - Humanities
- Field label
- WORKING EDGE WIDTH
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Working Edge Width
- Largeur du tranchant utile
- Field definition
- This field contains the width of the working edge of the object.
- FIELDS FOR LITHIC AND OTHER TOOLS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the dimension measurements, expressed as numerics only, from distal, left lateral and right lateral. If there is more than one working edge, separate multiple entries by a semicolon and a space.
- Cataloguers rules
- Comments about partial or questionable measurements should be noted in the Dimension Remarks field (DIREM). For gunflints, knives, or lithic cutting implements, the following groups of fields are available: working edge, notch, hafting, platform, cortex and tip. See also, Unit Linear (UNL).
- Data type
- real number
- Field label (French)
- LARGEUR DU TRANCHANT UTILE
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.