We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
SOURCE BIOGRAPHY - Humanities
- Field label
- SOURCE BIOGRAPHY
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Source Biography
- Biographie de la source
- Field definition
- This field contains pertinent biographical details about the source.
- SOURCE FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter pertinent biographical details about the source.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Source Remarks (SRREM).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Donatien Salomé undertook making all the pottery and vessels for the country's inhabitants. He was born in Provence. Upon his arrival to New France, he worked in the Beauce region where he later settled down. He married Jeannine Robert. They had 9 children
- Source was a friend of Nellie McClung.
- M. Donatien Salomé s'était engagé à faire toute la poterie et tous les "vaisseaux" de terre, utiles aux habitants du pays. Il naquit en Provence. Dès son arrivée en Nouvelle-France, il travailla dans la région de la Beauce où il s'installa quelques années plus tard, en permanence. Il épousa Jeannine Robert. Ils eurent 9 enfants
- La source était une amie de Nellie McClung.
- Field label (French)
- BIOGRAPHIE DE LA SOURCE
- Field mnemonic (French)
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.