We have resumed most of our activities. However, given the situation regarding COVID-19, we will assess any new requests based on their urgency and the date of receipt so that we can provide services to our clients in a fair manner. Additionally, response times may be delayed.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding. We encourage you to check our site frequently for the latest updates to our services.
GEOGRAPHIC CULTURAL AREA - Humanities
- Field label
- GEOGRAPHIC CULTURAL AREA
- Field mnemonic
- Field name
- Geographic Cultural Area
- Secteur géo-culturel
- Field definition
- This field indicates the geographic cultural area associated with the object.
- ETHNOLOGICAL FIELDS
- NOTE: This field has NOT been updated as part of the May 2010 Data Dictionary update. Priority for the Data Dictionary update was given to those fields that are required or strongly recommended for Artefacts Canada contribution. The Entry Rules for this field will be updated at a later date.
- Entry rules
- Enter the geographic cultural area. Attributed data should be followed by space "?". A semicolon and a space should separate multiple entries.
- Cataloguers rules
- See also, Culture (CU) and Other Geographic Data (OGD).
- Data type
- alpha-numeric string
- Central American
- North American
- plateau arctique, côte du Nord-Ouest
- la côte ouest de la Colombie-Britannique
- la vallée de la Voie maritime du Saint-Laurent
- Archaeology (Specimens) Task Force
- Ethnology Task Force
- Field label (French)
- SECTEUR GÉO-CULTUREL
- Field mnemonic (French)
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.