Jobs " Museum Summer Programs Assistant "
- Job Title:
- Museum Summer Programs Assistant
- Vancouver Maritime Museum
- Job Type:
- Temporary Job (Summer, Student, Seasonal, etc...)
- Language Required:
- Vancouver, Vancouver Region, British Columbia
- Application Deadline:
- Job Start Date:
- Date Posted:
- Contact Information:
- Programs Coordinator
- Web Link to Institution:
- $16.00 per hour + 10% in lieu of benefits and statutory holidays (CUPE 15)
- Job Description:
- VANCOUVER MARITIME MUSEUM
Museum Summer Programs Assistant – Dependent on Funding Approval (YCW)
The Vancouver Maritime Museum Society is seeking a post-secondary student for a temporary summer position in our programs department. The Summer Programs Assistant will develop and deliver current and new maritime-themed educational programs (including guided exhibit tours, children’s programs and public outreach activities). The successful applicant will be an outgoing, organized team player who is comfortable working with children and people of all ages.
Employment term: May 17, 2017 – September 3, 2017; 35 hours per week (Wednesday to Sunday)
• Developing and delivering museum-based interpretive programs for children and adults (including exhibit tours, maritime-themed education programs, and history-based theatrical interpretation)
• Leading outreach activities (crafts, interpretation) at special events and off-site community programs
• Working with museum staff and volunteers involved in education and public programs
• Maintaining program records and materials and evaluating the effectiveness of programs
• Meet the Young Canada Works Eligibility Criteria and register with YCW online
• Experience working with children and family groups
• Ideally, experience developing and delivering educational programs for child and/or adult audiences
• Background in education, maritime history, or historical theatre
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• BC Driver’s License an asset
The Vancouver Maritime Museum Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all individuals meeting the qualifications listed above to apply for this position.
Please apply with a cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com or by mail to: Programs Coordinator, Vancouver Maritime Museum, 1905 Ogden Ave., Vancouver, BC, V6J 1A3.
Applications are due April 23, 2017. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, so early application is encouraged.
We would like to thank all applications for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Download Attachment
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.