Jobs " Call Center Officer "
- Job Title:
- Call Center Officer
- Canadian Museum of History
- Language Required:
- Gatineau, Gatineau / Outaouais Region, Québec
- Application Deadline:
- Date Posted:
- Web Link to Institution:
- $20.17/per hour - $25.43/per hour (Job classification: E3)
- Job Description:
- JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Call Center Officer
Temporary Part-Time Position (1 year)
Position Number 10306
The Canadian Museum of History is looking for an experienced Call Center officer to undertake the promotion of the Canadian Museum of History and Canadian War Museum products while ensuring a high degree of client services. Working within the Visitor Services and Corporrate Security division and reporting to the Manager, Ticketing and Reservations, your key responsibilities will include:
• Managing a variety of incoming and outgoing telephone calls;
• Selling and undertaking the promotion of the Canadian Museum of History and the Canadian War Museum products and services;
• Responding to all requests for information.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:
A minimum of one (1) year experience in:
• Sales and/or telephone sales (telemarketing);
• Interacting with a diverse clientele (e.g. teachers, tourists, etc.);
• Working in a Call Centre;
• The use of computer software such as Microsoft Suite, database management and Galaxy ticketing system (or other similar system).
• Scheduling group reservations.
• Sales techniques;
• Telephone etiquette;
• Client services practices;
• Programs and activities of the CMH;
• Office/administrative tasks.
Other conditions of employment:
• Remain available to work shifts (weekdays, weekends, evenings and general holidays);
• Required to wear the Canadian Museum of History issued uniform.
The CMH offers you:
• A rewarding, fun and dynamic work environment;
• Training on a wide spectrum of topics;
• Flexible working hours;
• Percentage in lieu of benefits.
Education: High School Diploma plus one (1) year of Collegial Study.
Core competencies: Client Focus; Teamwork and Collaboration; Information Seeking; Concern for Order and Quality; Effective Communication.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment processes and work environments. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all candidates for showing interest; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The results of this competition may be used to staff similar temporary or permanent positions over the next twelve months, following the results of the competition.
Bring your expertise to this position at the Canadian Museum of History. Apply no later than April 9, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the website: http://www.historymuseum.ca/about/jobs/ under “Current Job Opportunities.”
Compensation: $20.17/per hour - $25.43/per hour (Job classification: E3)
Language: CBC imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website.) We encourage all candidates to submit their nomination, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability.
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. The Canadian Museum of History may keep the information received from candidates for consideration for other similar positions. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.