Jobs " YCW Museum Collections Intern (subject to funding) "
- Job Title:
- YCW Museum Collections Intern (subject to funding)
- Aanischaaukamikw Cree Cultural Institute
- Job Type:
- Temporary Job (Summer, Student, Seasonal, etc...)
- Language Required:
- Northern Québec / Abitibi-Témiscamingue - Other locations, Northern Québec / Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Québec
- Other Location:
- Ouje-Bougoumou, QC
- Application Deadline:
- Job Start Date:
- Date Posted:
- Web Link to Institution:
- 18.00/hr subject to funding
- Job Description:
- Aanischaaukamikw is the cultural centre for the nine Cree communities of Eeyou Istchee in Northern Quebec. This major facility is located in Oujé-Bougoumou, QC, a community of 700 persons. Aanischaaukamikw is a multi-purpose cultural entity, bringing together regional cultural programming for the Cree Nation for all to share on-site and throughout the communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Museum Assistant to work alongside our Conservator and Registrar. The Museum Assistant is a full-time, temporary position that reports to the Coordinator of Collections & Exhibitions. Daily tasks are supervised by the Conservator and Registrar. This position will assist with projects related to the museum object collection.
The language of work is English. French is an asset. Any Cree language abilities are an asset but not required. Eligible members from the Cree Nations in Northern Quebec are highly encouraged to apply. ACCI may be able to assist with accommodation arrangements if required.
• Intern must be between the ages of 18-30
• Intern must have graduated from a college or university within the last 24 months
• Assisting with object handling, condition reporting, research, repacking and improvement of storage conditions for our reserve collections
• Assisting with research and cataloguing museum material in our database (MINISIS/M3)
• Assisting with the digitisation, re-labelling project, photography, mount making, inventory and rotation in the exhibit hall
• Creation of social media posts related to ACCI and the collections
PREFERRED CANDIDATE PROFILE
• Ideal for anyone thinking of pursuing a graduate degree or certificate in Museum Studies, Anthropology, First Nations / Aboriginal studies, Material Culture, Conservation, Fine / Applied Arts
• Intermediate computer skills required. Candidate should have basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs.
• Candidate should be self-motivated, with a positive approach to work.
• Candidate should have good organisational skills.
• Candidate should be comfortable working at a desk for 7 hours a day, some of which will be on a computer.
• Cree language skills are an asset but not required.
• Qualified individuals from the 9 Cree communities in Northern Quebec are highly encouraged to apply.
This employment opportunity is made available through funding provided by Young Canada Works. All applicants must be registered with YCW and meet all eligibility requirements.
This position is subject to funding.
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.