Jobs " Curator, Exhibitions and Collections "
- Job Title:
- Curator, Exhibitions and Collections
- Art Gallery of Grande Prairie
- Language Required:
- Grande Prairie, Northern Alberta, Alberta
- Application Deadline:
- Job Start Date:
- Date Posted:
- Web Link to Institution:
- $45 - 55,000 commmensurate with experience
- Job Description:
- The Curator, Exhibitions and Collections (Curator) will create advances in the dissemination of curatorial theory and further knowledge of Canadian Contemporary and Historic Art in the North Western Alberta region.
The Curator will plan and organize, along with their staff, the acquisition, storage, preservation and exhibition of work by individual artists and groups of artists, collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs to promote audience development and education at the Gallery. Responsibilities include the management of staff in the Exhibitions and Collections unit and carrying responsibility for the publicity, promotional activities, catalogue production, organization of guest curators and community-based curatorial projects.
On all matters, the position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the Gallery’s Curatorial Team; Curator of Learning, Curator of Traveling Exhibitions.
- Download Attachment
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.