Jobs " Contract Curator "
- Job Title:
- Contract Curator
- Kingston Historical Society
- Job Type:
- Temporary Job (Summer, Student, Seasonal, etc...)
- Language Required:
- Kingston, Eastern Ontario, Ontario
- Application Deadline:
- Job Start Date:
- Date Posted:
- Web Link to Institution:
- $20 per hour, 35 hours per week, 5 month contract
- Job Description:
- Short job description:
Under the supervision of the Director of the Murney Tower Museum National Historic Site of Canada, the Curator will oversee the development and administration of the MTM Museums’ policy, curating the collections, marketing, and exhibit development. The position will also be responsible for fundraising and grant writing. For a detailed job description, please contact Director Graeme Watson.
Tentative job starting date (negotiable): 8 August 2017
Please send your cover letter and resume to the attention of Graeme Watson, Director
• Academic background in a field related to the position (e.g. Visual Arts, Museum Studies, Art History, Anthropology) or equivalent combination of education and work experience;
• Demonstrated leadership and practical experience in the development, installation and management of exhibitions;
• Writing experience an asset including demonstrated ability in writing grant and funding applications;
• Highly motivated, creative, flexible and innovative thinker;
• Experience in project management and in working collaboratively with a small team;
• Strong computer skills, desktop publishing an asset;
• Experience in the museum field.
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.